A comparative study on fertility preferences, contraceptive use and abortion of Somali immigrant women in Norway and in Somalia.
- Evaluate the fertility preference among Somali women in Oslo and in Mogadishu, and to examine generational differences in fertility preferences.
- Explore social, religious and cultural influences on the use of modern contraception among Somali women in Oslo and Akershus and in Mogadishu.
- Determine the abortion rate among Somali women in Oslo and Akershus for the last three years, and examine the underlying factors.
- Explore barriers and facilitators to access in modern contraception and recommend a culturally sensitive intervention to increase access to modern contraception among Somali women and others with similar needs.
2018. Planlagt varighet 3 år.
Extrastiftelsen. Budsjett NOK 3 millioner
- Centre for Global Health, UiO
- Nasjonalt kompetansesenter for migrasjons- og minoritetshelse
- Somali National University
Publisert 8. nov. 2017 14:13 - Sist endret 17. nov. 2017 14:43